Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup in the Instant Pot
Is there anything better on a chilly, rainy night than a big bowl of soup? Nope!
We had a fall like night a couple of days ago, I took the opportunity to make homemade Chicken Noodle soup in my Instant Pot. It takes less then 30 minutes, and is really easy!
Judging by the fact there was less than a spoonful of left overs.. I think it was a big hit!
Here is my recipe: (Video coming soon)
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 6 quart Instant Pot
- Cutting Board
- 1.5 lbs Boneless & Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 stocks Celery
- 1 package Baby Carrots
- 1 half yellow onion chopped
- 2 Bay Leafs
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 tsp Better Than Bouillon Chicken Substitute 3 bouillon cubes
- 64 oz Chicken Broth I prefer Swanson
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz Wide Egg Noodles
- 2 tbsp Parsley, Freshly chopped or dried
- Crackers Optional
- Turn on your Instant Pot using the Saute Function.
- While your pot is heating up. Prep your vegetables by cutting the baby carrots into 3 sections, celery into one inch sections, and chop your yellow onion.
- Once the Instant Pot display is reading HOT add 2 tbsp of Olive Oil to the pot.
- Season the boneless, skinless chicken thighs with salt & pepper on each side.
- Place the chicken into the pot and sear on each side for 4 minutes. The chicken will NOT be cook all the way. THAT IS FINE! Remove from the IP and set to the side. DO NOT EMPTY THE IP.
- Add your onion, baby carrots, celery to the IP pot. Stir as it sautes. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle your minced Garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Then add 1/2 cup of broth.
- Now put chicken thighs back into the pot.
- Now add remaining chicken broth and add 3 teaspoons of Better Than Bouillon Chicken. (May substitute 3 cubes of bouillon.)
- Mix well and add 2 bay leafs.
- Set Instant Pot to pressure cook for 7 minutes. Close Instant Pot lid, set pressure value to seal.
- When the timer has stopped, do a quick release of the pressure.
- Remove chicken from the pot and Change the setting from Keep Warm to SAUTE.
- Once soup begins to boil (about 2 minutes) Add 8 oz of Wide Egg Noodles and cook for 4 or 5 minutes until desired texture.
- While noodles cook, shred chicken with a forks. Then add back to soup once noodles are cooked.
- Remove the bay leafs before serving and top with parsley.