Chris and Madison love when I make my American Goulash. It is not Hannah’s favorite but she likes it, She had it for the first time for dinner on Thursday night. I prefer it with a bit of cheddar cheese sprinkled in and a side of saltine crackers. We make it at home in the winter, also while out camping in the early spring and late fall. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.
- 2 lbs Ground Chuck
- 1 medium sized White Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 14.5 oz cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 15 oz Tomato Sauce
- 4 cups Water
- 2 Bay Leafs
- 1 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tsp Dried Basil
- 4 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 16 oz Package of Macaroni Noodles
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese Optional
- Saltine Crackers Optional
- Using your instant Pot Saute mode. Brown your 2lbs of Ground Chuck. (Do not drain any grease.)
- Add Tomato Sauce, Soy Sauce and diced tomatoes to the Instant Pot on top of your now cooked Ground Chuck.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Minced Garlic.
- Add chopped Onion
- Add 16 oz of Elbow Macaroni Pasta.
- Add 4 cups of Water
- Grind your dried spices ( Oregano and basil) and then add them.
- Add 2 Bay Leaves
- Add 1 Tsp of Seasoned Salt ( I prefer Landry's).
- Stir all the ingredients
- Turn on your Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker to soup mode. Set the under pressure cooking time to 6 minutes.
- Add your lid to your Instant Pot and set vent to airtight or seal.
- Once the pressure cook time has lapsed. You will quick release the pressure from your Instant Pot. I like to cover my pot with a dish towel to protect my cabinets from the steam.
- Serve your Goulash with a sprinkle of your preferred cheese mix in and a side of your favorite crackers. Now Enjoy your dinner.
American Goulash – Pressure Cooked
(In my 8-quart Elite Pressure cooker)
Ingredients you will need:
2lbs of Ground Chuck
1 onion chopped
1 tbsp of Minced Garlic
2 – 14.5oz cans of diced tomatoes
1 – 15 oz can of tomato sauce
4 cups of water
2 Bay leafs
1 tsp of seasoned salt
2 tsp of dried Oregano
2tsp of dried basil
4 tsp of soy sauce
1 16oz package of elbow macaroni noodles
Shredded Cheddar Cheese (optional)
Saltine Crackers (optional)
Using your pressure cookers browning mode brown your 2lbs of ground chuck. ( Do not drain any grease.)
Once the meat has brown add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes to the top of the hamburger. ( I prefer Hunts brand for the sauce and tomatoes)
Add 1 tablespoon of Minced Garlic.
Added your chopped onion.
Add 16oz of elbow macaroni pasta.
Add 4 cups of water And 3 tsp of soy sauce.
Grind your dried spices before adding your combined Oregano and basil.
Add 2 Bay Leaves
Add 1 tsp of seasoned salt. (I prefer Landry’s)
Mix your ingredients.
Set Pressure Cooker to soup mode and cook under pressure for 6 minutes.
Make certain your pressure release value is set to airtight.
Once the pressure cook time has elapsed, use the Quick Release method to release the pressure.
Serve with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and a side of saltine crackers. Enjoy and Happy Camping!!